The health department along with the county commissioners recommend businesses within the county to adhere to the following:
1. Businesses to post signage that no one is allowed in the building if they are feeling ill. A. Had fever in the last 48 hours B. Had diarrhea and vomiting in the last 48 hours C. Had symptoms of respiratory infection such as shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, etc. D. International travel within the last 14 days to restricted countries. E. Contact with someone with known or suspected coronavirus 19.
2. Have floor signage to keep patrons 6 feet apart while at cashier area and other service areas (deli etc.)
3. Have one person come into the business to get merchandise, other members of the family to wait in car or preferably stay at home.
4. Have specific hours for seniors and at-risk patrons.
5. Not allow anyone under the age of 16 to enter the building.
6. Provide curbside pickup to patrons who must bring small children with them. Patron to call business ahead with order or use online shopping.
7. Provide staff and customers with as much spacing as possible, at least 6 feet.
AS OF July 21st, THERE HAVE BEEN 162 POSITIVE CASES OF CORONAVIRUS IN GIBSON COUNTY.